Want to Serve On a City Board or Commission?
News from Shawnee
Want to Serve On a City Board or Commission?
The City is seeking volunteers to serve on our committees, boards and commissions. These groups serve as important advisory boards to the City Council and provide an opportunity for residents to become more involved in the community.

Several committees, boards and commissions have immediate openings or terms that will expire, but letters of interest and resumes are accepted on an ongoing basis. Current members may or may not be interested in being reappointed. The City likes to have representation from all areas and in some instances the geographic area you reside in may be a qualification for serving.

Each of the committees, boards and commissions meet with different frequencies. A description of each of the City’s committees, boards and commissions can be found here.

To serve on a City committee, board or commission, please submit a resume, letter of interest and qualifications electronically or by mail, indicating which board(s) and/or commission(s) you are interested in serving on to EGriffith@cityofshawnee.org or mail to:

Mayor’s Office - Shawnee City Hall
11110 Johnson Drive
Shawnee, KS 66203

To be considered for immediate openings, please submit letter of interest and qualifications by July 14. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Griffith, Volunteer Coordinator at (913) 742-6244.