NEW UPDATES FROM 12/14/2017
The Governing Body will consider on 12/18/2017 the following:
For more information, please refer to the 12/18/2017 Special City Council Agenda.
- The creation of a community improvement district within the City, a redevelopment project and adoption of a redevelopment project plan for a project area in a redevelopment district.
- An ordinance adopting the Westbrooke North Redevelopment Project Plan and approving the execution of a Redevelopment Agreement.
Click here for FAQ’s about the proposed development at 75th and Quivira (Westbrooke Village)
MP Westbrooke North, LLC, has entered into discussions with the Shawnee Economic Development Council and City staff to request the approval of incentives to develop a new mixed use, residential, retail and restaurant center at the northeast corner of 75th Street and Quivira Road.
The proposed project includes approximately:
- 108,500 square feet of retail and restaurant
- 530 market rate residential units with associated parking structure
The proposed timeline for the project has now been updated from 2018 through 2024.
The public/private partnership total estimated project budget is $116 million. MP Westbrooke North, LLC proposes private investment from the developer of $84.6 million and requests a total of approximately $27.5 million plus interest in City participation from the following sources:
MP Westbrooke North, LLC also requests of the use of Industrial Revenue Bonds for sales tax exemption on construction materials only, in the estimated amount of $3.2 million.
- $10 million ($6 million plus interest) from a 1.5% Community Improvement District (CID)
- $21.5 million plus interest in Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
October 9 meeting (pdf)
For more information about other Private/Public Partnerships in Shawnee, click here.
On September 11, 2017, the Governing Body approved a Funding Agreement with MP Westbrooke North, LLC. The funding agreement will require the developer to reimburse the City for costs associated with the analysis needed to work through the process up to the point of the Governing Body considering any incentives.
On October 16, 2017, the Planning Commission voted to approve changing the area from the current commercial designation to mixed use. The City Council approved that recommendation at the October 23, 2017 meeting.
The Planning Commission unanimously approved the rezoning requests for Westbrooke Green along with the consistency of the proposed project with the City's Comprehensive Plan. Here is the Feasibility Study (revised) related to the project plan.
There will be a public hearing on December 18, 2017 at 7:00 pm at City Hall to consider approving the Westbrooke Green Project Plan.
There will also be a public hearing on that same day to consider creating a Community Improvement District.