Right-of-Way Management
Right-of-Way Management

City Construction Projects
Permits: Right-of-Way and Street Excavation
View Active Right-of-Way Permits
Street Closures: Right-of-Way

Emergency Street Cuts - If a utility line must be repaired over a weekend or between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., the utility may perform the work and apply for the permit on the following work day. The utility shall contact the Police (913-631-2150) and Fire Departments (913-631-1080) prior to commencing work.

Permits to work within the right-of-way are regulated by Shawnee Municipal Code Chapter 12.06 "Right-of-Way Management" Streets, Sidewalks and Public Places.

Policy Statements

Right-of-Way Utility Information

Utility companies and their contractors are required to obtain permits from the City when excavating in the public right-of-way. The City of Shawnee does not provide utility services. Questions regarding utility services should be directed to the respective utility company.

For questions or complaints regarding utility bills and services, contact the Kansas Corporation Commission.

Permits and forms should be fully completed, signed, dated, and submitted to the City of Shawnee. Questions: Contact us or call 913-742-6023.