Monday, April 25, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m.
A. ROLL CALL
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & MOMENT OF SILENCE
C. CONSENT AGENDA
1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING OF APRIL 11, 2016.
Councilmember Pflumm was absent. Guest Councilmember Fagan, Ward 3, was present.
2. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE COUNCIL COMMITTEE MEETING OF APRIL 5, 2016.
3. REVIEW MINUTES FROM THE PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING OF APRIL 4, 2016.
4. CONSIDER CHANGE ORDER NO. 10 AND FINAL FOR THE DIGITICKET E-TICKETING PROJECT PROVIDED BY SALTUS TECHNOLOGIES.
5. CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF DEDICATION OF LAND FOR PUBLIC PURPOSES CONTAINED IN FP-11-16-04; FINAL PLAT FOR GREENS OF CHAPEL CREEK, SEVENTH PLAT, A SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL SUBDIVISION LOCATED IN THE 6700 BLOCK OF CLARE ROAD.
6. CONSIDER A RESOLUTION CONSENTING TO THE ENLARGEMENT OF THE CONSOLIDATED MAIN SEWER DISTRICT TO INCLUDE PROPERTY AT 6935 MILL CREEK ROAD. Resolution # 1779 was assigned.
7. CONSIDER A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU) WITH THE CITY OF OLATHE RELATED TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF FEMA'S ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANT PROGRAM FOR SELF-CONTAINED BREATHING APPARATUS EQUIPMENT.
D. MAYOR'S ITEMS
1. RECOGNIZE MAYOR FOR THE DAY.
Approved 7-0-0, Consent Agenda
1. CONSIDER REAPPOINTMENTS TO THE CODE BOARD OF APPEALS.
The Mayor recognized Paul Hartman.
F. BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
Approved 7-0-0, a) Code Board of Appeals, Michael Vielhauer, term expires May 1, 2021
Approved 7-0-0, b) Code Board of Appeals, Richard Hoelting, term expires May 1, 2021
G. PUBLIC ITEMS
1. CONSIDER A MASSAGE ESTABLISHMENT LICENSE FOR LIFEWAY CHIROPRACTIC, LOCATED AT 6339 LONG STREET.
2. CONSIDER A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS TO PAY THE COST OF REPAIRS ASSOCIATED WITH A STORM DRAINAGE PIPE BENEATH HOLLIDAY DRIVE.
There was no Business From the Floor.
3. CONSIDER A RESOLUTION APPROVING AND AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO SIGN DEED AND RELATED DOCUMENTS CONVEYING PROPERTY TO JJM, LLC IN CONNECTION WITH FINAL PAYMENT OF REVENUE BONDS RELATED TO THE DIGITRON PROJECT.
Approved 7-0-0, Resolution # 1780 was assigned.
H. ITEMS FROM THE PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING OF APRIL 4, 2016
1. CONSIDER SUP-03-16-04; A SPECIAL USE PERMIT FOR JAY SHREE RAM DEVELOPMENT, TO ALLOW A DRIVE-THRU IN THE PUDOC ZONING DISTRICT, LOCATED AT 16600 MIDLAND DRIVE.
2. CONSIDER AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING REGULATIONS FOR FENCES AROUND RESIDENTIAL SWIMMING POOLS.
Approved 7-0-0, Resolution # 1781 was assigned.
I. ITEMS FROM THE COUNCIL COMMITTEE MEETING OF APRIL 05, 2016 CHAIRED BY COUNCILMEMBER MEYER
1. CONSIDER HEALTH/DENTAL/VISION/LIFE INSURANCE FOR PLAN YEAR 2016/2017.
2. CONSIDER REVISIONS TO POLICY STATEMENT PS-27, DEVELOPMENT AND SERVICE FEES.
J. STAFF ITEMS
1. CONSIDER COUNTY ASSISTANCE ROAD SYSTEM (CARS) SUBMITTAL FOR 2017-2021.
2. CONSIDER FINAL PLANS FOR THE JOHNSON DRIVE REHABILITATION PROJECT - QUIVIRA TO PFLUMM, P.N. 3415.
3. CONSIDER ORDINANCE STRIKING BREED SPECIFIC IDENTIFIER IN TITLE 6 OF THE SHAWNEE MUNICIPAL CODE.
Approved 7-0-0, Ordinance # 3154 was assigned.
K. MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS
1. RATIFY SEMI-MONTHLY CLAIM FOR APRIL 25, 2016 IN THE AMOUNT OF $2,691,536.74.
2. MISCELLANEOUS COUNCIL ITEMS.
3. CONDUCT EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING THE ACQUISITION OF PROPERTY.
Approved 7-0-0, Ordinance # 3155 was assigned.
Approved 7-0-0, a) Recess to Executive Session for 20 minutes for preliminary discussions relating to the acquisition of real property for the purpose of protecting the confidentiality of those acquisition discussions.
The meeting recessed at 8:07 p.m.
Approved 7-0-0, b) Conclude Executive Session.
Approved 7-0-0, c) Reconvene Meeting.
The meeting reconvened at 8:18 p.m.
Approved 7-0-0, d) Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract for the acquisition of property commonly known as 6216 Ballentine, Lot 8 Hoeltings Addition, at a purchase price of $110,000.
Approved 7-0-0, e) Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract for the acquisition of property commonly known as 6216 Ballentine, Lot 9 Hoeltings Addition, at a purchase price of $4,000.
Approved 7-0-0, f) Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract for the acquisition of property commonly known as 6215 Ballentine, Lot 7 Hoeltings Addition, at a purchase price of $88,000.
Approved 7-0-0, g) Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract for the acquisition of property commonly known as 6221 Ballentine, Lot 6 Hoeltings Addition, at a purchase price of $77,000.
Approved 7-0-0, the meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.